Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Fa La La: December Photo Walk

Current Mood: So Tired!

Current Song: Clocks by Coldplay. It's been in my head since yesterday.

Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit. I've been prepping my content for this blog. I appear to be going soft in my old age, and so my sister, friend and I hit the town yesterday for some lights viewing. Vancouver, as you all know (by means of being envious), is a stunning city and comes alive during the holiday. I thought I would share the photo walk that we took yesterday with you and spread the christmas joy (or what have you). So here you are!

PS: I have no tripod, so I had to shoot these by hand. So that means, 1. They're a bit shakey, blurred, though I tried my very best and 2. I have no tripod


The Festival of Trees at the Four Seasons Hotel


A kind of neat ornament of a peacock feather

This was a wish from one of the wish trees. I thought it was cute

The Olympic Countdown clock outside the Vancouver Art Gallery, looking sort of festive.
Robson Square, just adjacent to the skating rink, all lit up in twinkly lights.

Ice blue Christmas Tree at the outdoor(ish) skating rink at Robson Square.

Picture of Spring at Robson Square. Not the season. The mechanical bobble.

Harbour Centre, lit up at the top.

Canada Place Sail light show. Looking kinda neat.


The Olympic Rings in the harbour. For some reason they're entirely green today.

2 comments:

Karim Kanji said...

What about the Christmas lights on the mountains?

VanCity looks nice (at least through the lens of your tipod-less camera)!

Happy holidays!

Mehnaz said...

Alas, my camera lens isn't powerful enough to capture the lights on the mountain! Not to mention, by the time we got to the waterfront, a fog had, as usual descended on Grouse :)

thanks for checking in KK. Happy Holidays to you too :)