Friday, August 28, 2009

5 Things I Learned in Alberta

Current Mood: Tired (and annoyed. I blame it on the bad dream).

Current Song: Paparazzi by Lady Gaga

Been here just over a week now. I'm getting used to the Albertan pace of life (which I don't really know I would take to in the long term). There's been a lot of eating and baking and lounging. Also too much shopping. I think I've reached my quota for the year. So here are 5 things that I learned while here:

1. It is never too early (or too late) for a barbecue. Eating barbecued meat at 11 in the morning, or eating it at midnight is apparently, not out of bounds really. In fact KFC is daily fare for breakfast for some around here. I miss vegetables.

2. Boys are smelly and weird even if you're not 5 years old. As you know, we don't have men in our house. Over here there are three tall boys who eat a lot, and subsequently create a lot of commotion. They are the ones eating said KFC for breakfast. Remind me not to have children.

3. The driving alone would kill me here. I'm scared of the roads here. I have no idea how I would navigate my way with fields on all 4 sides. Plus a sign that says "Maximum 110 km" is not my friend. I drive like an old lady and I like narrow Vancouver roads, and traffic.

4. One Tax Rules! If I buy a pair of pants for 10 bucks (as if!). It won't cost me 500 extra dollars in tax. Take that BC! In your face, Gordon Campell's harebrained HST idea!

5. I don't think they're finished building this place. There is a lot of land, and most of it is flat. Last week I went to a mall that was literally in the middle of nowhere. There were acres of land, and suddenly a Home Sense came out of nowhere and slapped us in the face. It was a bit of a weird experience actually.

I'm here for a some more time. I shall report back, and hopefully when I get home, I'll have some fun pictures to share with you all. Anyway, I'm off to go lounge around for a while. Until next week!

1 comments:

sleeplessintexas34 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.