Saturday, July 25, 2009

Post 17: The Serious Art of a Good Handbag

I was browsing around for ideas to write about while I still have my wits about me, and I found this timely and socially relevant one about the art of a good handbag. Apparently, a museum in Amsterdam is taking the whole business of the art of a handbag very seriously.

Finally!

Handbags hold a bit of an allure and a connotation of status. It's lame and we're all very material for having any part in it, but it's just how it is. For a woman (and some men) the handbag is more than just a thing to put your wallet in. It screams your personality. For instance, you might see me with a black one, or a red one and you'll see my sister in a bright blue one or a white one. Three guesses who's more conservative of the both of us.

We'll all remember Sex and the City and the Quest for the Holy Grail (Also known as the Birkin Bag by Hermes). It's a bit of an exaggeration but if you've ever been to a London street market, you'll know that women are know strangers to scratching and grabbing when it comes to a good bag!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart heart pretty bags!!!! Need to buy a new one... my Guess one is breaking :(