Saturday, July 25, 2009

Post 6: 5 Things You May or May not Know About Me

I'm generally a pretty open person, but there are probably a few things that you folks may or may not know about me. My blog is just a repository of all my daily goings on and what you see is generally what you get. There may be a few things you may or may not know about me. So I made a list of 5 things for ya. So we can get to know each other better :)

1. I can't skate, swim or ride a bike. I used to be embarrased of admitting this, but now that I'm an adult, it's no longer something I'm ashamed of. Much of it had to do with my punctuated childhood. We moved around a lot and so I never got a chance to fully see these things into realization. It's okay though. If I ever had the urge to learn, I know I could.

2. I don't like celebrating birthdays. I think birthdays are these happy/sad occasions that I'd rather just get over with. I've only ever had one birthday party in my entire life. It was when i was 7. I had a couple dozen friends over. And that was ever the limit of that whole thing. I just don't like celebrating them. But strangely I love getting older :)

3. I'm a polyglot. My family speaks a bunch of languages altogether. My mother's side speaks one and my father's side spoke another. Interchangeably, I learned both. Then I went to school and learned english, and we spoke swahili as well. Then i came to canada and learned some french. It's not that good, but I seemed to make my way through Paris last year quite okay. I love language and want to learn at least 3 more languages!

4. I'm allergic to a whole host of things. Touch wood, this doesn't include nuts, but it does include fruit such as peaches, plums, nectarines, some apples. It's a sad existence in the summer especially. Other things include dust, pollen, dander, and sunlight (Yes, sunlight...after long exposures of course).

5. I have a pathological need for control. It's something I'll write about in a later post and my learnings about it. Perhaps it's punctuated childhood syndrome again. I never had control of my goings about, so now I pretty much try to control everything in life. I have way too many calendars and not a spontaneous bone in my body. It's something very debilitating, but I'm working on it!

So there you go. Five things you may not have known about me :) Writing again pretty soon! Time for that drink o' water!

2 comments:

Pico said...

I can swim and ride a bike (sort of), but I can't snap my fingers. So, there you have it.

;)

Raul (hummingbird604) said...

I can swim :)