Saturday, July 25, 2009

Post 35: Hearts Vs Minds

Ever meet those people who follow their hearts their entire lives? If something tells them to suddenly move to Boston, that's what they do. If they don't feel right about something, they don't tend to do it.

And then there are the counterparts who think things to death. Every situation is assessed to the very nub and then some. Every detail is thought through to the very end.

I'm the latter of these folks. Like I've said before, I haven't a spontaneous bone in my body. I think things through to the very end. Sometimes it's a bit of trouble actually because I fail to take those opportunities that may take me along a path I haven't determined. It all comes back to my controlfreakishness. But I learn as I go.

Luckily, I have an uncanny sense of intuition. It's not really my heart and I don't follow my emotions that way. It's a gut thing really, and it's supplemental.

How about you? Are you a heart-follower or a mind-follower?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I would have to say that I analyze everything to the point of paralysis (I am a bit of a Hamlet, that way!--or is it Macbeth? I can never keep those two boys straight . . . ); however, I do not have a very good mind for practical matters, so I usually end up deciding on feeling alone. My answer, then, would have to be both I think! (or neither?)

And ma chere--something to think about: "To act is easy, to think is hard." (Goethe) You are doing what is hardest, and that is admirable! And, equally I feel, you think about things because they matter to you. You value yourself and the people around you, and take care to do what is best.

Mehnaz said...

Thanks love. Perhaps we are friends because of our paralytic analytics :)

Is it time for bed yet?