Saturday, July 25, 2009

Post 29: 5 Things I Love about Vancouver


Off the edge of Hermit Island. Photo Credit: me :)

Obviously, I will need to dedicate a post to Vancouver and why I love it here.

1. Rain - I love the rain. Some people will read this and think I've lost all my marbles. But I love it. It's refreshing and there is something about being blanketed in the rain that just takes everything else away in the world.

2. Waterfront - I love the Waterfront. I often go hang out there. I used to work in an office that directly looked over the waterfront. it's a gorgeous view even when you're working late into the night.

3. Green Spaces - The city has an absolute abundance of green spaces from parks to mountains. There are plenty of trails for running or biking or just going for a stroll. I like being surrounded by the urban terrain along with the natural terrain.

4. Culture - from Little India to Commercial Drive to Robson Street, Vancouver is such a mix of cultures. I love being able to just enjoy any cuisine from the world. And Vancouver is small enough that this is all accessible.

5. People - I've made this place my home for the last 17 years and I've met some of my best friends here. I think it's a fabulous city full of life :)

3 comments:

Raul (hummingbird604) said...

oh and the boys :)

Anonymous said...

As requested, responding on the blog!

I couldn't have created a better list myself...except perhaps to add the mountains as a sixth. =)

Beautiful pics!

Mehnaz said...

thank ya!
and Raul - yes the boys. The addition of Strombo would make it all the more sweet!