Saturday, July 25, 2009

Post 15: Gluttony

I remember once when I was younger, we were driving down the street on our way to what I'm presuming now was something important. On the side of the road, we saw a squirrel. It had a large sandwich in its hand. I think it might have been ham or something. I'm pretty sure it was larger than it was. But the squirrel's beady little eyes were darting back and forth as if to say, " you touch my sandwich, you die!" My mother slowed the car down so we could have a look. It was shocking actually. Was a bit comical and ridiculous. But it did remind me of how similar human nature is to that kind of way of being.

We often seem to have more than we can actually handle. Makes me wonder whether we actually know our own limits or whether we would keep building skyward or until everything falls to the ground.

I think there's something to be said for moderation. Namely, that it's a good idea really. Too much too fast is not such a great thing after a while.

I think the epitome of gluttony can probably be found on the Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Delicious, delicious gluttony really.

2 comments:

Chris said...

My Mum used to tell me "Everything in moderation." She was right. When taken in moderation everything, from bananas to chocolate bars, pies and even alcohol, doesn't do you that much damage. But go to far on anything and you'll put on weight etc.

Heck, even water can be bad for you if you drink too much!

Good luck with the 'thon!

Gledster ('thon 07 survivor).

Mehnaz said...

Thanks Chris!

And Mums are always right :)