Monday, June 15, 2009

I Love Love

Current Mood: Happy/ Tired

Current Song: Harmony by Ryan Scott

This weekend a friend of mine got married. It was the first wedding I've been to in a decade and a half I think. I don't remember very much from the other weddings in my past, but this one was probably the most fun wedding I've ever been to. It started on Thursday with the Bride's henna application ceremonies and ended on saturday with a nikka (muslim marriage) and giant reception with lots of food and dancing. Ismailis throw a mean party.

I left the reception feeling rather elated actually. We all know about my personal brand of love and the giant grain of salt that follows me around when it comes to relationships (just read anything in the February section of this year). The official nikkah ceremony set off some commitment alarm bells in my head, that were soon quieted by a glass of sherbat.

For once in my life, I was happy to see people in love. Weddings have their own flavour when it comes to this rather elusive emotion. You can't help but be happy for the newly married couple and their families. It's contagious. And the great thing is that just for a little while you forget about yourself. You just dance and have fun and there's nothing complicated about it at all.

I like that. I like the simplicity of the day. Makes me want to reconsider things. Perhaps one day I will. My best goes out to everyone that is joining their significant other.

In other news, we went to the Car Free Vancouver Festival on Commercial Drive. Loads of fun. Some pictures below on the whole shenanigan. I shall write again soon. it's going to be a busy week. 6 more days until coldplay! yay!

Everyone enjoy your sunny monday!

Colourful banners flying about
mmmmm....fruit!



African Statues for sale.

0 comments: