Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Let Go of the Overrated

Current Mood: Didn't sleep, so a bit tired.

Current Song: Orinoco Flow by Enya (I know, old)

I'm back! Sorry I haven't written in a bit. I was busy wallowing. I seem to not be wallowing as much this week so I thought I'd better come around and write something. We've had three kinds of weather this last week. We had a fabulous day of sunshine, rain and more rain, and now we have snow. I think we're getting used to this whole turning into part of Alberta thing. It's not cool. We don't wear wool jackets in April. And I have a trench coat that I'm dying to wear!

So since it's spring (I think!) and it's the time of renewal, it's probably a good idea to put some things aside because they've become overrated. You get tired to hearing about the same thing over and over and you get to the point where you want to tell people to get a hobby. Especially me. I seem t have run right out of patience. So here's my top 5 list of overrated things that we need to set aside already.

1. Slumdog Millionaire - I will say that it was a good movie. By the time I watched it people had hyped it up far too much, and it was the Titanic phenomenon all over again. It was the little movie that could. And it did. And we need to let it go now, people.

2. Russell Peters - His impressions of Indian fathers are very funny. But they are also very 2004. There are many many other comics that are just as funny. For instance: Ron Paul, Ron Jossell, Jo Koy, Danny Bhoy. So go out there, good people, and explore what else the world of comedy has to offer. Worst come to worst, just go and listen to Eddie Izzard.

3. Obama praise - He's done some pretty good things. He's had a few gaffs. Just let the man do his job. When he needs a cheerleading squad, he'll ask for one.

4. Updating Your Facebook Status - I don't really need to know about your entire day or what your kid ate for lunch or that you're so excited about thursday night. One update a day is enough. Really. I won't mind.

5. The Recession - Damn you, recession. We'll win yet. It's doomsday all over the world, I know. But once in a while, we need some happy news (preferably not related to number 1 to 4).

Okay, I am done telling you what to do. Now go forth and explore! I shall write again soon. Hopefully with more interesting news. Adios, friends!

0 comments: