Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Big Three

Current Mood: I feel like an elephant is sitting on my head

Current Song: Diferente by Gotan Project

My Blog is 3 years old on the 21st! Happy Birthday Blog! I can't believe I've kept it up for that long. But then again, you can never talk about yourself enough...especially when you have regular readers! For those wondering what happened to the 2006 blogs, I was working on a different platform and I never transfered them over. Yes, I was lazy then too!

So, I'm thinking of taking this relationship to the next level (yes, I shall marry the blog now...). I know there is lots of advice on the web on how to get more readership. Some of them involve signing on to site such as Twitter, Stumbleupon and Digg. Since the blog isn't my full time job, I'd like to have maybe one or two of these that I can take advantage of, but not something that will take over my life, thus making me into a mole person. But I'm never sure which would suit my site.

If you were to pick one of these (or another one I haven't mentioned), which would it be?

And my second regular feature (and my regular I mean sporadic) is going to be my Top 5. These will mostly just be things I come across or like or think you might care to know about and I'll list them when I've got a good 5. We'll start now!

Vancouver has been having a fabulous bout of weather this last week. Clear skies, warm days, cool breezes, the perfect west coast spring (sorry rest of Canada!). So obviously, besides construction, the regular traffic of joggers, walkers, and bikers have started their runs. We've put aside our winter Lattes, put on our latest running gear (with moisture-wicking and of course made of earth friendly fibres), grabbed our iPods and headed to the great outdoors. Myself? The headache has kept me from running too hard (rush of blood to the head = pounding headache), but I've been scaling some hills, and am excited about it. So clearly if you're going to be working out you need some great tunes. Yesterday I took the time to update my track listings (for the first time, actually doing it myself...it was hard...what happened to the days of CDs?) and got an idea of what I like to run to. Note to self: Boyz II Men's "On Bended Knee" is NOT good running material. If you're into crawling on the pavement, by all means, please make it your anthem. So for your listening pleasure:

Top 5 Songs You Must Have When You're Running

1. Billy Jean - Michael Jackson
2. Womanizer - Britney Spears (I usually deride her musical abilities, but you gotta give her this one)
3. Diferente - Gotan Project
4. Jesus Walks - Kanye West
5. Got Me Floatin' - PM Dawn ( I don't care if they're super-oldschool. I still love them!)

So there you go. Next week it rains, but I'm taking advantage of the rest of this week. More to come soon. Have a good rest of the week, folks!

2 comments:

Sameer Vasta said...

Happy 3rd birthday! I'm happy to have discovered your blog recently, and look forward to even more good stuff in your fourth year!

Mehnaz said...

Thank You Sameer!
Hope DC and the WB are treating you well :)