Friday, January 9, 2009

Lesson 1 for 2009: Get On With It!

Current Mood: As you can probably tell, I'm still in the ass-kicking rampage kind of mood.

Current Song: Lovers in Japan by Coldplay

So 2009 has started off more with a whimper than a bang. For some reason, I've been playing psychologist to a lot of people over the last week. I should get my own show and an assistant. But over all I think I've come to one conclusion: People, you just need to get on with your lives!

My philosophy as of the last few years is: if you don't like it, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. We're all going to make mistakes in life, and we're all going to fall down and go through crappy moments. The point is to pick yourself up, suck it up and get on with it. We are afterall, largely in charge of our own lives. Most of us dwell on things that happened and how wounded we are by this, that and the other. You're going to stay scabby and wounded for as long as you let yourself be.

Some of you probably know (or maybe not), that I've had a few really tough moments in my life. Not just a few years ago, I felt my world was falling to pieces. Then one day (thanks to how I've been raised), I got up and said, enough of this garbage. We're going to move on today. I think a lot of people underestimate this ability in themselves.

Penelope Trunk over at Brazen Careerist has 5 time management tips that I think are very handy in terms of getting on with it. Time is a valuable resource as we've heard before. So stop wasting your time, and get to work!

Many a life lesson to come in the future! I would like to hear about your progress :)
Ciao for niao!

PS: I do really care even if I've got a rather rough way of saying so. I think you're valuable and that's why I want the best for you. I do encourage to power through. It's a great way of getting things done and feeling good about yourself!

2 comments:

Karim Kanji said...

Kicking @$$ and taking names! Nice!

Mehnaz said...

Thanks KK!
Just that kind of a day!