Saturday, November 29, 2008

Stuff...And Things.

Current Mood: A bit under the weather...so woozy...

Current Song: Better together by Jack Johnson (I'm so over him now...)

It's been largely uneventful after the Golden Jubilee Hullabaloo this week. Things got off to a roaring start at the beginning of the week and now we've come to a screeching halt. Which is fine, really, because I think we could all use the rest now. Though, not for long, because the joy that is Christmas is now coming up (can you tell I'm thrilled?). Sigh. So today, I decided to write about some bits and pieces over the last week.

Mating Calls:
My sister and I were talking at a street corner some evening last week (i realise i made us both sound like hookers. But we were waiting for the Aga Khan to roll on by), and we were discussing big cars. She has an affinity for gas guzzlers that are practically the city version of monster trucks. She said it's kind of like a mating call. Birds have great plumage, deer have big antlers and Men have giant cars. Though I must admit, trucks have their sex appeal. Never would I actually drive one. I'll stick to my good ole reliable honda, thank you. Yet another useless conversation. Refer to the smurfs one below. You'll see where we're going with this.

I am thinking more about a shiney scalp. I like bald men recently (not balding...there's a difference). It's hot. Whatever.

Books:
I am somewhere through a third of the "Witch of Portobello" by Paulo Coelho. At times, it's cripplingly esoteric (He did after all write the Alchemist and the Zahir) but he writes with magnificent fluency. He's somewhat like an old friend that's really eay to talk to. Though, probably someone you don't want to hang out with too much because they might start to make you crazy. You know the kind.

My next project is "Can you Hear the Nightbird Call?" by Anita Rau Badami (author of Tamarind Mem, which i haven't read as yet). I accidentally bought it at Coles the other day. What? I had a gift certificate left over, so I happily added to my collection. You know I can't keep away for long...

Maintenance Phases:
I've probably said this before, and it's probably truer than ever. My family seems to be into maintaining friendships with people. I mean maintaining in the sense that you might a car or a pair of leather boots. Once in a while, we hang out, but I don't think I'll ever be one of those people who needs to see a particular person every single week. I start to shut down if it's too much. I think my closest friends know this. Surprisingly a lot of them are extroverts. Another weird thing I discovered from the Meyers Briggs. Wonder what they see in me (Probably my good looks).

Well I think that was all the thought that's happened this week. I shall write again if anything else happens in my life, though doubts are high. Okay picture of the week. I took it at a skytain station and changed the colours. I'm hoping they're getting better.

Please comment and let me know if they are or aren't and if you like them or you think I should stop assaulting your eyes.

Ciao for niao!

1 comments:

Zoyah face said...

your pictures make my eyes bleed with fury.
just kidding, snuggle-bug, they're great...if great means awful...
that is all.
...no seriously, they are great :)