Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Red, White and Bubbly

Current Mood: surprised at how hard it is to type with nailpolish on

Current Song: Who's gonna Save my Soul by Gnarls Barkley

I am doing something that I have not done in a decade. I am painting my nails a garish colour...it's called succulent. I haven't actually painted my nails in about 8 years. I was never the girly type to start with and the last time i actually sat still to do this was first year of undergrad, when you're still optimistic about the world. The whole thing goes downhill from there. In any case, they will be succulent for about 2 or 3 days. I have also discovered I can't paint my left hand. Another odd ambidextrous thing...how strange.

I have recently rediscovered my public library. I just went through 3 books last month (not quite a record, but i'm back on the reading horse). I took out 3 novels. I'm comfortable a third of the way through the first one. This should be easy to do. The one i am currently reading is actually by an Ismaili author, Anar Ali. The book is a series of short stories and is called Baby Khaki's Wings. I'm not sure i'm impressed yet, though the stories are quite rivetting at times. Simple use of language. Will let you know what I think of it. I have started writing again as well. It's quite nice. I think tragedy gives me my writing roots. I was always one to write teen angst poetry (thank god, most of it is tucked safely away on the book shelf). I think tragedy makes you question your own being and re-evaluate yourself. I do that through writing. Plus it helps you make up tragic scenarios for the future.

One last comment i guess would have to be on the recent presidential election in the USA. I think that the Americans certainly made the expected choice. There were a few surprising victories in there. Now to see what will happen on the world stage, and more importantly, how the conservative Canadian government will relate to our now liberal neighbours down south. Mind you they are moderately liberal from what i'm hearing, but who knows. I'm interested to see how the next 4 years will pan out. For now, we're sitting pretty I think. Kudos to the States. The rest is to be seen.

Alright, i'm going to do some things now, perhaps some of it might actually be work. I might surprise ya! ciao for niao!

0 comments: