Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance (Or Not)

Current Mood: Headachey for the last 2 days (it's almost migrainey in nature. very unpleasant)


Current Song: Brick House by whoever way before my time.


So I graduated! yay! It was a very cold day, but a lovely sunny sunny day. And I was so glad to have my family there with me. I have to say I felt a lot better this time around. Partially probably because at my bachelors degree graduation, I had to take the day off work to graduate which really just took the mickey out of it. So this time around, it paid to be unemployed! Also, because the Master's degree students went first, I was surrounded by people from my program (program always makes it sound like I was in rehab). And so it was lovely to sit with them and share the day with my fellow peers and intellectuals. Once again, if it wasn't for my family, I don't know where I would be (probably not walking that stage again!)


Other than that, it's been back to looking for work. I am hoping something really wonderful comes along. At some point though, I think I better start looking into writing that novel that I so desperately want to write. Now, to come up with a story. Maybe I'll write about a boy wizard! no...wait, that's already been done....hmmmm


Finished Kiran Desai's "The Inheritance of Loss". It is simply amazing how much her style resembles her mother's style of writing...not my favourite style I must say. It was an interesting book and I can see how it might have won the prize. I wasn't bowled over by it. But perhaps I'm the only one...hmmm. On to the next project which is a combination of Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" and Zoyah's highly recommended "Twilight", after which apparently no book will ever live up to the standard so I might as well blow my eyeballs up.


Okay, one more thing. I'm taking part in Blog Action Day on October 15. The theme of this year's Blog Action Day is Poverty. So all participating blogs will be contributing to the conversation on poverty. And no it's not like Blogathon. You have to post at least 1 post on poverty and that's it. No energy-drink fuelled delirium at 4 in the morning. Check out the video!


Blog Action Day 2008 Poverty from Blog Action Day on Vimeo.

And of course, this is the picture you would expect! So enjoy it. And no, I won't be done until you can address me as Doctor at some point in the future. I'm just taking a life break (better start thinking about real estate, a vehicle and possibly a life partner. Can't hide out on campus all my life...or can i....)

0 comments: