Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Worst Fear ...

Current Mood: really tired from running around all bloody day

Current Song: Lemon Tree by Fool's Garden

So, I have realised what my very worst fear is. Seriously, I think I've ground my teeth down worrying about it for a while now. My very worst fear is to write a novel...and have it turn out to sound like Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight". Seriously. No joke.

Okay, I'm exagerrating just a little bit. But I can think of several reasons why I don't like it. For one, it's ungodly in its redundancy. How many times can a look of fear/disdain/sorrow flit through someone's eyes anyway! Good heavens. It needs some major new vocabulary. It does, however do what it is meant to do, in that it keeps little ones entertained. The action doesn't start until far too much into the book. If I edited that book, it would probably be about a quarter its original size (this is why I don't edit...yet...I only rip apart the work of close friends). And lastly, and perhaps this was just a personal thing, the vampire Edward reminds me far too much of someone I knew. In some scenes I felt like I was back in my past (mind you the person I knew was not a vampire in the authentic sense of the word). And perhaps that's what was most disconcerting. It hit a little too close to home...eck!

Well anyway, I read it, and I'll never get that time back, so I might as well move the hell on. Okay next topic. We have a conservative government. That's over with. Okay next topic.

I went galavanting through the park this week because the weather was just too nice to resist. I have been outside a lot this week (which explains why my damn knees hurt!). But I took this photograph....have fun! I have to get going, so I'll keep it short. More news to come I'm sure :)

Ciao for Niao!


0 comments: