Friday, October 24, 2008

I Was Probably a White Man in My Previous Life

Current Mood: meh...can't complain. Well I can, but nobody's here to listen

Current Song: Spinning by The Cranberries (I wish they had new music...sigh)

Well somebody has been complaining about my infrequent blogging (MOM!), so I decided to blog today, though I must say, I haven't any exciting news at all. I discovered that when I'm not busy, I'm even less motivated to be busy. I need to have my days crammed with things to do in order to get any energy. It's extremely bizarre, but hey, that's the way I roll.

I'm reading this book called " A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. Not sure if I mentioned it before. I think I might have. It's sort of new age-y about how to live your best life or something like that. He's got some good points, but it's one of those books, that when you're trained to use your head as an academic, it doesn't work. In a past life, I think I might have been a middle-aged white man who liked to stick to the status quo. Some of it, I really can't seem to buy at all. Other stuff makes perfect sense. But basically the whole premise is to be aware of yourself in the present and let go of the past and the future. But I think we all knew that somewhere inside...or did we....well...no use dwelling on it now.

I think perhaps if this whole international development thing doesn't work out, I might move to prague or something and become a writer (afterall, people keep telling me that I should write a novel or something). I might actually do that. It's one of those things that on my list of things to do before I die. Okay, well I'm going to start planning for that future instead of this other one with all its "work" and stuff. Who needs that. Once I become a best-selling author, I'm set!

Alright, on I get with my day. Later gaters!

0 comments: