Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Copacetic

Current Mood: Okay. I kept waking up in the middle of the night, so not sure how i'm doing yet...

Current Song: Momma's Boy by Chromeo

Yes, i'm a little late writing the blog, but have been caught up in some other things that have been taking up my time. Meetings and such. I remember the good old days of choir where I didn't mind having meetings all the time, and was constantly on some call or another. I find that the older I get, the more my patience for them wanes. Which sucks, because I know that I'm going to have tons of meetings at work and that. But perhaps it's just the off-topicness that I hate. If we stick to an agenda and get it all done in the allotted time, I'm happy as a clam. If not, I think that's where my qualms come in about that.

I think I have found two of my favourite spots in the city. This last week I had to go take a graduate recruitment test at UBC (I forgot to take a camera, as I should have!). And there is a great peaceful outpost by the Chan Centre that has the most dazzling view of the water and the mountains. That's spot number 2. Spot number 3 is the Lonsdale Quay where I met a friend for coffee this monday. Only the unemployed could meet for coffee in the middle of a weekday. But I didn't feel bad about it. Plus I got to go to a great little coffee shop called Bean Around the World, where a little old man served us. It was great and very kitschy. And I took my camera so I got some nice shots in. You'll notice the one beside the posts. that's one. Another one is below.

Vancouverites forget how lucky they are. I for one, and I know I've said it before, love the water. I love being near it. I am kind of a firey person so it keeps me calm and grounded and there is something so infinite about it, that it's undeniable. While it's now snowing in the East, we've been blessed with some wonderful weather, which is only now turning to rain. So you really can't complain. Well you can, but you'd be the weirdo.

Anyway, that's it for now. Enjoy the picture below. Next week, you'll get my halloween walk shot. A plus tard!

0 comments: