Monday, August 25, 2008

Rag Tag Reunions

Current Mood: Satiated

Current Song: Strawberry Swing by Coldplay (not my favourite, but Chris Martin makes up for it!)

Life after grad school has been very empty I have to say. The initial excitement of having accomplished something is finally wearing down and now I feel like I have nothing. I'm sure that the feeling will fade soon, but I was really looking forward to the heavens parting and some kind of fanfare (none of which seems to have happened. Where is my damn party!). In any case, I'm slowly getting used to it, but I shan't make a habit of it, because i've got to get on with it really at this point.

I also seem to be busy as usual, without meaning to be. This week seems very cramped up with things that I have to get done all over the place. You think there would be some respite. I have decided to take it easy next week and settle into a routine of sorts. It's been a bit sporadic and frankly a bit stressful still. Or perhaps the stress is in not having enough stress. All you Type A's know what I'm talking about right?

I just got back from a rag tag reunion of cousins from the mother's side. We've never had a free-standing dinner with no parental units in sight. I was a bit apprehensive about going, but it was a lot of fun. Not because I don't like my cousins (I like them all), but because we're generally a bunch of people who are vastly different. Let's just say you wouldn't stick us in the same social groups in high school: We've got jocks, intellectuals, punks, student body president-types. It's very ecclectic for a family where all the parents are creepily alike. Oh well. For now it's a dynamic that works. Another reason growing up is good. Plus potato thins at Boston Pizza are worth the trip alone!

Anyway, i feel like I have lot to do tomorrow. Not sure why. But that'll be it. I shall blog again soon. I'm sure there's exciting things coming up. Talk soon all!

0 comments: