Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wee? Weee!

Current Mood: Little bit nutty

Current Song: Your Fragrance by Edward Henderson (reason listed below)

I am officially in Hausfrau mode now. I just handed in the draft of my thesis today. I kind of miss working on it, which seems just a little bit wrong at the moment. This is what it must feel like to send your children off to college. Ah, how they grow up. I'm having some trouble letting go. Plus, for those of you who know me, know that I am always busy with something or the other, and no matter how much I complain about it, I just never quit really. So I'm in a place where my brain is full, but it doesn't seem to want to empty up.

In other news, I got invited to sing at the Canadian Ismaili Muslim Youth Choir concert in Montreal and Ottawa. So guess who's flying east in a week and a half! I'm so stoked. My love affair with choral music has thus far been unmatched (unless you count my love affair with reality tv!). The downside of the whole process is that now I have to learn 15 pieces of music and really really quickly! I've knocked out four easy ones so far. But we'll see how the rest pans out for me. I hope it'll be a good trip. And a good bonus of the whole deal is that I get to meet some new folks. Never a bad thing!

I had a funny episode today. As stated many many times, I love reality TV (it makes me feel slightly better about my own life), and was watching The Real Housewives of Orange County, a show about women who live in the gated community of Coto in the OC. So one day, they were feeling a bit blah, and so they decided to go diamond shopping. My mother was watching with me at the time, so I asked her, "Mum how come we never go diamond shopping?"
She looked at me with a straight face and said, "We go grocery shopping."
I died laughing. So practical and so true, and at the same time just too funny. If anyone ever wonders where I get my sense of wit and sarcasm, please refer to the maternal figure in the family. Oh good times....

Anyway, I gotta be up early tomorrow to take the little one for an appointment and then go get my hair cut unless CIMYC wants Cousin It to sing with them...ciao for niao kids!

0 comments: