Saturday, July 26, 2008

In An Ideal World (Entry 48)

People often ask me what career I would want in an ideal world.

Well aside from what I'm doing right now which I love? I think in an ideal world I would love to pursue writing. I would love to be a novelist. Don't have to be the next Khalid Hosseini, but would love a shot at some published work. Perhaps it won't be an ideal world situation. I do have a goal of one day being able to write a novel and having it published, and we shall see how that ends up working out for me.

My mother often says to me, "you should write a book, you stupid". I think she means that with love and thinks that there is potential somewhere in here. I really admire the work of David Sedaris, a regular writer for the New Yorker. He has that wry kind of sense of humour that I can appreciate. Although technically to be like him, a lot of weird stuff would have to happen to me on a regular basis. Let's face it, I'm just not that exciting frankly. But there is hope yet! I have a long life ahead of me to muck about. I'll keep you posted on that whole book shenanigan!

0 comments: