Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Wish This Was True (Entry 39)

Check out this article on Grammar Police



I really do wish that there was a law enforcement team that took care of grammar and spelling mistakes. There are just some really appalling ones. I'm guilty of a few myself, but mainly because I refuse to edit my work out of sheer laziness. I'm always shocked by how many people actually mix up your and you're. I'm not sure where the confusion lies as one is obviously a contraction of two words. I have never understood it myself.

On our trip to England last spring, we happened to be on a double decker when we saw the sign below. What would a trip be without a glaring mistake like this one. We just had to take a picture. Mind you, if there ever was a Grammar Police I would ask to be on the force.


0 comments: