Saturday, July 26, 2008

Carbon-Dating <3 (Entry 25)

Woo! Halfway There! Most excellent! Don't forget to support AFABC

Another interesting article from NPR about finding carbon neutral love. When all earth lovers get together and meet eachother by trekking down to an organic restaurant in their priuses. According to the article, gas guzzles are social outcasts in this circle (you may as well have been the nerd in highschool).

Not sure this would work for me. I'm not as carbon conscious as I could be (though I take transit nearly everywhere and only drive once a week). However, I don't see getting into a scheme like this. With my luck, I'd have to take the biggest, smelliest jet to find someone. Vancouver has been hollowed out of its good man potential. Most of them are, like i've said before, dating each other and not me. Sigh. Such is life.
An interesting thought though, this whole green dating approach. I'm starting to wonder if people will start to look for other reasons to date other than just plain old "looking for love". One of my friends thinks that soon enough the cost of living will be so high, we'll have to get together so the grocery bill might be smaller.
Forget carbon-neutral, I'd like to find someone carbon-based (in my species of course!)

1 comments:

Raul (hummingbird604) said...

Wow carbon neutral dating... at least it's not Cheating Offsetting!