Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Weirdness of You

Current Mood: I've had better

Current Song: A Case of You by Joni Mitchell

I've been officially back from London for the last few days. I got in on Saturday. The flight was okay actually, despite being delayed (as usually is the case with Heathrow Airport). It's nice to have fresh air and clean drinking water sans floaties. I was standing on the street waiting for the bus the other day to work, and I just noticed how deadly quiet it is in my part of the suburb. Not that anything is wrong with that, but I miss seeing people. There's lots of people in London. Sometimes too many people. it was a great trip.

The last few days were just spent doing more sightseeing and going to see King Lear (which is the world's longest play...and seems even longer when you've been tramping around Buckingham Palace for the morning). I hate to say it, but it felt rather good to get it over with. Terrible eh? Oh well. We didn't exceed the suitcase weight requirement despite Zoyah's affinity for market winter jackets and we brought back souveniers as usual.

Sunday was spent at the Canadian Ismaili Games. Despite the rather difficult logistical requirements, it was done well enough. I didn't fall asleep during the volleyball game that we went to watch. The food was alright, though it had gotten cold by the time I got around to eating it. I got to see some friends (even some from out of town surprisingly!). All in all, a weekend well spent.

Now it is back to the grind. Work has been alright, but I'm increasingly tired this week, and I'm having a few Masters Thesis related frustrations. Hopefully they solve themselves before I commit a crime. We've got a busy few weeks coming up of course as usual. this is what happens when you've gone away, but such is life. Now to get back to reality, which seems a tad more gloomy than I would have preferred. But again, it's the way things are...
I'm sure I'll cheer up in a good week after I have gotten over the jet lag. In the meanwhile, facebook photos are up of the trip, so enjoy!
Later days!

0 comments: