Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Notes for Parents

Current Mood: Pretty good, I'm in a skirt

Current Song: Set Fire to the Third Bar by that band i can't remember

So everyone, I have decided that I am going to write a book. And I'm going to write it on parenting. Why you ask? Because we are about to raise a generation of self indulgent monsters is why. Mind you, I think that some parents are very good parents, but most parents I know are about to get their hands into something very sticky and don't know it. There are a few out there who have "doting parent syndrome", with their newborns, but if they keep it up, it's all going to go horribly wrong somewhere between now and the age of 18.

Second reason I'm writing a parenting book: I have parenting experience. That's right, you heard me. I have parenting experience. As the co-parent of my sister, I know how to handle tantrums, bad grades, bad hair days, refusal to eat food, school stress and beads up noses. You'll be hard pressed to find a 7th grader with parenting experience. But having done it for 16 years of my life, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Third reason: Because I'm sick and tired of hearing the phrase, "you won't know until you're a parent"....what do you mean by that? What won't I know? I won't know having to drive kids to extracurriculars? I won't know when kids have lost their homework/ buspasses/minds? What exactly won't i know? I won't know having to juggle work/school/cooking/laundry?
You try being me for a day and then repeat that phrase to me.

So these are the reasons I'm going to write a parenting book. Watch out for the launch at a chapters near you!

Until then, later days!

0 comments: