Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Just One of Them Things

Current Mood: denying the fact that I have to go to work

Current Song: That Gwen Stefani one..."we're cool" I think I was

Good weekend for the most part. Friday was the concert for choir at Fraser Valley or Cloverdale or Abbotsford. I don't know. It's not Vancouver. Yes, that's right. I'm a city snob. But anyway, the audience was really fabulous, but the concert was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. It went on and on and on. And I wish they had rehearsed a bit more. It was close to being ideal, but wasn't quite there. No offense to anyone of course. But as someone who's familiar with choral music, it would seem rather obvious. I am super happy to announce that the alumni of VIMYC will be singing at the final concert. We're going to do two pieces which is so exciting, not only for the fact that we're singing. But we're singing together again, after so many years. So it's going to be a complete blast! I have one ray of sunshine in my life and that is it!

Sunday was the Partnership Walk, which was actually really nice. It was so hot outside though, that I felt that I was parboiled by the time I got home! Luckily I haven't obtained one of those horrific tans. I'm a bit coloured already as you may well know. I don't quite need more of it. The food was awesome of course. The only reason anyone goes to partnership is for nando's chicken anyway! Overall fun times. We actually did the whole walk, which was good. And quite surpringly I haven't gone and died or anything yet. Brilliant! It's better than when I didn't work out. Oh those days were painful!

Anyway, the stress headaches have started again. I'm eating advil like it's going to go out of fashion. I have a few more weeks at work and then I need to get cracking on my thesis which is worrying me even more! ooooh! It's not good. not good at all. I think my supervisor is going to murder me.
Speaking of which, I had better get going. I have a looooooooooong day ahead yet. Later days!

0 comments: