Monday, March 3, 2008

Run for Your Money

Current Mood: surprisingly not sore

Current Song: I want you by Common

Zoyah and I have taken on a new fitness challenge in order to get rid of the flub (I have a feeling that not eating chocolate should be part of this, but it hasn't been proven and ignorance is bliss). We ran a new trail. Actually we interval trained on a new trail. It goes quite a bit down, and then a lot uphill. After the first interval, we both felt like collapsing on the side of the road. We walked for a bit. Our pace slowed down painfully. I think i saw a grandmother beat us. Oh well. it was a nice day and we went by the Burnaby Mountain Golf Course, where Zoyah had accidentally teed off with her instructor's semiprecious stones (yah, ouch). I woke up today expecting to be really sore and really stiff. Surprisingly I am not! I must be in better shape than I give myself credit for. Hurrah! We plan on making it so we run the entire trail by the end of the summer. Let's see how this goes. Next running session: Wednesday.

Other than that, I've been trying to get through my weeks and am trying to figure out when I can go to England. I really really need the break. I think I'm one of those people who needs to leave the city to consider it a vacation. Or else I'd just call it bumming around the house. And you know that I would end up doing some kind of work while I was here. March is looking painfully busy. I hate looking at my calendar now because it's scaring the hell out of me. Oh well. I'm hoping it will go by (but not too fast!). And then we'll be on to thesis writing/job searching! *BIG SIGH*
Anyway, I best be off to work. Later days!

0 comments: