Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Wheee?

Current Mood: Not sure how i'm feeling. A bit burdened I think...

Current Song: Set Adrift on Memory Bliss by PM Dawn (stop laughing....)

Today is the first day of school. Not sure how I feel about that. I already started reading. I know, keener, right? Well, this semester we're going to try and do things a bit differently, although I'm pretty sure I've figured this time management thing out well. I guess it's just a bit scary that the next 4 months will decisively determine a lot of things, and a year can pass by very quickly, and I guess that's also starting to hit me a bit more. I'm just flexing those wings. We'll see about taking flight.

So on Sunday, I caught a new show called Cashmere Mafia. It's like a more successful version of Sex and the City. Although the women are powerful in the show and hold some very high up kinds of positions, they still for some reason seem to be a complete mess otherwise. Mia Mason (a character played by Lucy Liu) got engaged and in the same breath had to compete with her new fiance for the position of Publishing Director at the magazine she worked for. She got the job like she deserves, however the fiance suddenly said he can't be in a relationship with a woman that is more successful than he is. What?! Are you kidding me! I have a very close good friend who is under the persistent impression that women are stupid. I constantly argue against that. We are faced with far more obstacles as far as I'm concerned (not to mention those bloody hormones. feast or famine I tells ya!) it's sad to me that a woman has to give up hopes for a successful relationship because her professional life is successful. I know some of you are thinking, "dude, it's a show. chill yeah." However, on a less extreme level, successful women do scare off men. Just because we refuse to be needy doesn't make us any less worthy of attention and care. Afterall, don't we look after our valuables well? I guess the operative here is value. Huh. Who knew I was about to go on and on about this.

Other than that, many projects are coming up and I've been sick this week. The cough is now hideous, but that means it's going away and then I can get back to routinely stressing myself out. Yay! Okay, time to get prepped for my scholarly endeavours. Smell ya later!

0 comments: