Sunday, January 20, 2008

Genetically Modified Sensibilities

Current Mood: alert, but not creepily so.

Current Song: Whatever it takes by Ron Sexsmith

I haven't blogged in a week. This is not good. I apologize to the both of you that actually read this malarkey. I shall try my utmost to be more engaged. I have taken to whining and being as lazy as I possibly can afford to be. However, it's not as successful as one might like it to be.

So this weekend, I finally finally went to my new hair stylist. I have never been more terrified in my life. As most of you will know, I don't take well to changes in my environment. Kind of makes me like an antelope. I scurry away quickly when changes come along. Sadly, my hair stylist has moved to sunny California and left me with all of this hair. So I went. First thing she did was give me a shampoo, something that hairdressers don't do to my hair. They're afraid of the curl (but it's more afraid of them than they are of it). Then she took out a roller brush the size of a tire and proceeded to blow dry adding the volume that I so lack. Then she cut it some more after flat ironing the whole thing. It ended up looking very short and then i had a bit of a freak out becuase I didn't look anything like myself. So after I washed it and sufficiently recovered for the shock, I discovered that it wasn't a bad haircut and that I can rock this if need be. However, i shall be needing opinions for those of you who might see me sometime soon.

Today i had a nice dinner with my sister and a friend of ours. We have all come to the conclusion that there are no men our age that we would want anything to do with. Sad. Such intelligent and good looking women and nobody for them. Well, I think I'm going to start a dating website for non-creepy ismailis (only those with IQs over 125 may register). that should significantly cut the riffraff down. Then we shall see. Watch it end up being all women...sheesh....
Anyway, i best be on my way. I have to finish reading about transgenic varieties of crop while I eat this genetically modified apple here.
I promise to write sooner than I have....later days!

0 comments: