Monday, October 29, 2007

There is No Place like....The Library?

Current Mood: meh...it's early

Current Song: That new Santana song (with Chad Kroeger)

This weekend was nice and quiet. Spent reading of course, because what else do I do anyway these days? Well it so happens that we did watch a couple of movies on Saturday night. One was "Borat". Yes, I know, you're already thinking it aren't you. Let's just say that aside from the sparse instances of clever humour, that movie was an assault to the senses really. One has got to wonder what nuanced audience this was meant for. Borat is funny insofar as you check your complex understanding of humour at the door. It turns quickly into some assinine rendition of farce. I hope to baby jesus that movie doesn't make it into the books of history, for we will all be doomed.

The other movie was "Partition". Good movie. A little overdrawn, and dramatized and a bit to "easy" on the plot. However, it's a well done movie. Jimmy Mistry plays a lovely character, Neve Campbell has a horrendous British accent, and Kristen Kreuk manages to cry through almost the entire movie. Can't say I'd watch it again, but it was a worthwhile experience.

So yesterday since Zoyah was working downtown, I decided to tag along and ensconse myself in my favourite chair at the SFU downtown library. I got there just 5 minutes before the library was supposed to open. The scary librarian man from previous posts, came to the door, opened it and ask me "Do you have a home?". I think he sees me there far too often for it to be healthy. I replied "If I do, I don't know where it is anymore". At which he smirked, let me in and there I went for the next 7 hours learning about good government in the tropics. Overall not a hideous weekend, though I would rather have spent my time uselessly doing nothing. Oh well. Can't have everything can you.
Anyway, I best be off to work. Until sometime soon! Enjoy!

0 comments: