Thursday, October 11, 2007

Shooting Oneself in the Foot

Current Mood: Tired...i know, SURPRISE!

Current Song: The Cadbury chocolate song. I wish I had some chocolate now.

Well, i'm terribly sorry for not having written in almost a week. I keep having moments where I say to myself, "Ooh! must blog about this tomorrow!", only to find out that the idea has gone right out of my head.
Yesterday I read an interesting little piece in one of the common-folk newspapers. They were interviewing one of those fashion designers, I forget which one they were talking to (one of those weird ones). They asked her if she believe in a democratic god. Now forgive my grad student mildly-decomposing brain, but doesn't a democracy entail more than one person? How can God be democratic? Technically he would be saying what Mrs. Shlokham on Are You Being Served would say when she exclaimed, "And I am unanimous in that!" People have really got to learn how to ask questions. What the heck is all of that ?!

I have only now come to realize how powerful the media is and generally how quickly or slowly you can get a buy-in from the public. Fascinating discussions have happened on this topic that I shan't bore you with right now.

In other news, I am seriously considering going back to singing. Now I just have to find an outlet. I rather would like to try something different, but we'll see how that works out. I will keep you updated if my toes leave the ground and I am emboldened to take on some new musical endeavour. In the meantime, more pruning of life going on. I'm looking forward to my holidays.
I will write again. Probably on sunday, or Monday...stay tuned! I am going to a concert this weekend!

0 comments: