Monday, October 22, 2007

The Big Update!

Current Mood: Apologetic...I'm sooooo sorry I haven't written sooner.

Current Song: Hung Up by Madonna.

It's monday. I'm feeling garfieldian and apologetic for neglecting my blog. It has served me so well for almost 2 years. I told you that I would make a bad mother. My children would probably go unfed or something. It's true. You know it.

Okay Update number 1: Last week was the big economics midterm. We all sufficiently bombed it. We went for drinks after the exam, and basically sat there dissecting the whole thing. Even the smart guy looked like he had eaten something that had gone off. It was terrible. My professor met us at a conference on saturday and ensured us that we probably did just fine. Obviously, he hasn't started marking our exams. Good lord. Oh well. What's done is done. We can't change the past (unless someone is keeping a time machine from me. If you are, please let me know. i would like to change the past).

Update number 2: I went to a great conference on saturday on Peacebuilding and State failure/ Reconstruction. I'm happy to report that the Peace Building Council is working on a new architecture for the UN. Carolyn McAskie (google her if you need to know who she is) spoke on behalf of the UN. She was great. There were some fantastic presentations from our professors as well, and great sandwiches. I truly think I'm doing the right thing with this field. Though, god help me get past the economics of it all!

Update number 3: I went out on Friday night and saw Rendition (movie with Reese Witherspoon and Jake *drool* Gylenhaal). Good movie. If you don't like to think, I don't recommend going. Also, if you don't like torture or subtitles, I don't recommend it. I quite liked it. I have suggestions, but I don't think Time Warner needs to hear about how to make their films better from me.

Update number 4: Went to coquitlam centre and bought a new winter jacket. I'm happy to report, I'm a size smaller than I was 5 years ago. SMILES. This is a big deal for me. Although, we all know I'm always secretly going to be the fat girl. It sure does feel nice to be the small girl once in a while :)

That's it for now. I swear to baby jesus that I will write again in the next couple of days. I swear it! If I don't, you can personally call me on my new cellphone (I guess that's update number 5!) and give me flack for it! Talk to you all soon!

0 comments: