Monday, July 23, 2007

Kwik E Mart and Bad Movies


Current Mood: owie owie owie owie


Current Song: Something by Jagjit Singh..it keeps changing


My life dream has finally been fulfilled. I finally got to go to the Kwik E Mart and it didn't rain down on my head. That has to be the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me (which makes my existence really really sad). Some man also asked whether that was the highlight of our weekend, and I said that yes, that was pretty much it. By the way, the donut is disgusting...but you gotta eat one! So, a picture of Zoyah and me outside the KEM.
Then, in the evening I settled down to watch Van Helsing. That was probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Okay, fine, the special effects were pretty okay. The plot however, took every archetypal scary thing from literary history and stuck it into one movie. Doesn't sound like a recipe for disaster. Well, it was! Just to give you a bit of the plot, Van Helsing sets out to kill dracula who is hiding out in Frankenstein's castle and trying to look for Frankenstein's monster to harness all his power to bring his children to life (who, by the way, look like a cross between bats and gargoyles). Somewhere in the middle of it all, Van Helsing gets bitten by the Werewolf and has to contend with that....sound stupid.....well, it sure was. I'm glad I hadn't paid money to see it. I remember dying to see it because I recognized the name Van Helsing from the original dracula book. Wooo, there is a God, and he knew that would be a mistake....
anyway, that's two blogs to start of yer weeks. So I'm out for a couple of days...catch you soon!

0 comments: