Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happily We Trod On

Current Mood: Fried like a samosa

Current song: Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

The heat is insufferable. Last night I slept with no pants on. I'm serious. Don't imagine it. Just let's move on shall we? Human beings are never happy are they. I am wishing for the fall, and then when my socks get wet from the rain, I'm going to wish for something else. I need to get it together.

Yesterday was Golden Jubilee. Those of you who are strangers to the Ismaili Faith, this is the 50 year mark for the Aga Khan's ascension to the throne as the leader of the Ismailis. It was a big deal. A big, sweaty deal. Seeing as our day had started before dawn with prayers, by about 7 at night, I wanted to lie down on the carpet and fall asleep. Difficult for 2 reasons: First, I'm 25 not 5. Second, it's hard to look inconspicuous while lying down in front of 15,000 Ismailis. So I refrained as best I could. BC Place had no aircon because the power had gone out of them. That, coupled with the fact that it was a furious 36 degrees outside, made for some interesting times. Overall, I am happy to have gone and to have been part of the experience. There is something humanizing about the fact that there is something bigger than yourself in this world. No denying it. Trust me, the way my life has gone in the last few months, I'd be stupid not to believe it.

Other than that, not too many things have changed in my small and insubstantial existence. I am waiting for the day when I can thrill you with news of my glorious escapades, whatever those will be. Perhaps next year at this time I'll be writing from some place across the world. You never know with the ways things go do you really? In the meanwhile I'll have to continue to live in my reality show infested life. Yes! Big Brother is on Today!

Anyway, I feel a breeze outside. I better go and catch it!

0 comments: