Monday, June 11, 2007

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously, and change the subject.

Current Mood: Apathy and Hunger

Current Song: 4 in the morning by Gwen Stefani

Karma is weird. That is all. Over the last year or so I have developed the proclivity to leave things to the powers-that-be a bit more than I used to. Not that I quite like the loss of control. But in the past when I did try and control everything, I would veer terribly off course, have to learn a brand new harsh reality and then grope my way blindly back on to the path that I should have been on anyway in the first place. My only qualm with leaving things to Karma is that sometimes it just doesn't make too much sense. It especially drives me crazy when I have to leave things to time to really see what's going to go down. It's often like a bad parent, who, when you ask why? says "Because I said so". So there you are, sitting on the carpet, eating your cheerios and watching Sesame Street because people won't enlighten you.
It's a constant struggle, not to want to be in complete control of my circumstances, especially because I'm a headstrong cuspian brought up by Glamazons. But even I have to put down my sword and shield once in a while.

In other less poetic news, I have to say that I am happy that Paris got stuck back in jail. You don't get a get-out-of-jail-free card...this isn't Monopoly, stupid! Ah, the perks of being an heiress. Must be nice to be able to buy off the law. It makes me mad still. But I don't care enough to get up and rally about it.
We headed to Main Street this weekend. Mom again managed to bargain down a saaree from $400 to like $25. I don't know how she does it. I simply break out in a sweat, mumble to myself and pace the store. I did get to have my mainstreet samosa, which is tradition since we discovered them. They make you slightly ill, but you somehow manage to eat an entire one and not think twice. Until later, that is, when your stomach is cursing you!
I'm wishing the weather would change. At least I hope it does for this sunday. I am planning to head out to the Dragon Boat Festival to cheer on the Ismaili Volunteers team (because that's my one brown deed for the weekend). In any case, we'll talk soon!

0 comments: