Monday, June 4, 2007

It's a small world. So you gotta use your elbows a lot.

Current Mood: In recovery mode

Current Song: That new one by Tragically Hip (I haven't memorized all the lyrics yet)

Well, I happened to catch a cold after a very very long time. It was as unpleasant as I remembered. I'm still not feeling completely up to par but I'm recovering faster than I have before. Thank you immunity!

On Friday, we went to Zoyah's commencement ceremonies. It's funny to see her in graduation gown and hat because we're all having a hard time with the fact that she's mere months away from taking the leap to university. However, I do have to say that we are over the moon about it. She did well in the accolade acquisition part of the event and thus pride makes our chests swell until it's painful.

On thursday we went to infonight at the university. I forgot how much I love the smell of it and that awed sense of wonder. It's also really funny to see bewildered looking highschool kids trying to grope their way around the campus with their plethora of reading material about what to do once you are there, and how to do it. I find it refreshing. Though, I will have to go to orientation as well. I love school.

It's been a good run of movies lately, which is nice seeing as everything has come to an end on the television and we wait with baited breath until the next season of Grey's starts. We watched Garden State, which is interesting, and mundane. It has some interesting lessons about taking a leap once in a while and how life is far too short to dilly dally around and get hung up on things. Then we watched "Lady in the Water" by M. Knight Shyamalan (or however you spell that). That was also interesting but in a Harry Potter meets Pan's Labyrinth kind of way. Definitely different and if you haven't seen it, I recommend it. One more month until Transformers!

New book started. Andre Alexis' "Childhood". So far so good. I did start "The Uglies", which came recommended from my sister. She told me not to read it after I finished two chapters because she thought I would judge her on her bad taste in books. She says the author writes like Dan Brown and we all know how I feel about him!

Anyway, that's about it for now. Should anything interesting happen in my life, I will be sure to inform you!

0 comments: