Saturday, April 14, 2007

If I Died Today....

Current Mood: Wide awake, I am full of rich food from Vij's and now can't bring myself to sleep

Current Song: Would I lie to you (don't ask why)

We took mum for her birthday dinner. She had no idea where we were going as we drove further and further away from our comforting Burnaby. We took her out to Vij's, a dining experience all of its own. Given the fact that they don't take reservations, we had to wait for nearly 2 hours to get a table because the place was packed. Luckily two hours went by super-fast with the constant run of free hors d'oeuvres in the lounge/bar area. The food was phenomenal once we did have a seat. If I died, my idea of heaven would be Vikram Vij making me dinner up on the clouds, because it's phenomenal and well worth the wait. But we all know I'm going to hell, which means my chef will be Bobby Flay (god, I hate that guy!). It was a true fusion of Indian food and contemporary west coast cuisine. The meat was so tender, it was like eating babies (I have become quite Swiftian lately with the baby cannibalism...I like the shock value :[ ) Well worth the money and time. I would fully recommend you to go down there and have a meal. Located on W. 11th and Granville, easy access. I am currently satiated to a whole other level

So as promised, here is my reminiscing about old age. Today's topic: If I could change something.....
If I could change anything in my past life, I wouldn't change a damned thing. I am grateful for every opportunity and every scarring moment. I feel like I have been "seasoned" and really am starting to feel comfortable with the kind of person I have become (sarcasm and cellulite inclusive!). I have no regrets whatsoever in my life. Sometimes we think back and say, wish I had done this differently. I have come to terms with the fact that things are just what they are, and that experience builds us into phenomenal human beings. I have been lucky and blessed all my life. That and god has been kind enough to me, that I am starting to forget anything prior to age 20. I have mild recollections of hurtful things. This keeps me from dwelling, which if you are me, is a very good thing. I thank the past and look forward to a bright and wonderful future. Suddenly, Vij's has made me an optimist. Enjoy it, for tomorrow I shall go back to my curmudgeonly ways!

0 comments: