Saturday, April 7, 2007

If God is Watching Us, The Least We Can Do is Be Entertaining

Current Mood: Nearly asleep, even though its only 3pm. Stupid next door raisin had a party with all her ape friends. Nobody slept. Thank God, i'm kind of deaf, all I had to do is cover my ear with a pillow and at about 3 I drifted off.

Current Song: That song from the Chrysler Advert...twoooo of us, is juuuuust enough....you know the one.

Watched the Stacy London Show yesterday. It's alright. But she inspired me to do the following thing: My life in 5 outfits. I dont have pictures, but you should get the point.

Outfit 1: Blue Checkered dress, and Bloomers
Age: 4
I have a picture of my first day at Shady Garden Nursery School. I have a straw sun hat, and there is picture of a very worried looking me going off to her first day. The dress and bloomers were uniform, not chosen. I've spent the better part of my life in uniform. Maybe it's a good stabilizing force, but I refuse to remain Anonymous! Behold!

Outfit 2: Yellow satin and lace twist dress
Age 8
it's most memorable, because that was the one that I wore to my birthday party. The only one I ever had. The one I never wanted to have. I miss the chocolate cake immensely however. I wish I had some now in fact...mmmmmmmmmm....cake!

Outfit 3: A black top with sheer sleeves and gold buttons, and a dotted pleated skirt
Age: 14
This was where the black phase began. Oh I shall never give it up. Never! Still love black. Most memorable thing about it, is that it was the first time a boy told me I looked nice. Not pretty, just nice, and that was enough. The compliments have obviously increased since then *wink wink*.

Outfit 4: The rose and grey iridescent grad dress
Age 18
How can you not forget your first formal wear. Lovely flowing french chiffon gown made by my mom. I also just remember it, because that was a crazy kind of night. Since, I have forgotten everything prior to turning 20. That's probably a good thing. Formative years are odd.

Outfit 5: tweed boyfriend pants (minus the boyfriend), white button down shirt, and boots
Age 24
This is classic Mehnaz. This is the one that I am now and the one that i'm going to grow up to be. Luckily I age well, so you shouldn't be able to tell 24 year old from 40 year old mehnaz. Just you watch the evolution :)

Okay, that took up the rest of my brain power....until another day!

0 comments: