Thursday, March 8, 2007

Socially...uhm.....Awkward

My eye is itchy. I don't know why. I think i ate some not so good chocolate. I should stop that.

Anyway today I watched this show called "made". It's about turning teenagers into something that's the total opposite of what they are. Today they turned a socially awkward girl into a prom queen. The journey was an interesting one is all i have to say. I wonder if kids are somehow programmed to be socially awkward. This girl was not good at conversations. At one point she said goodbye to someone and then started continuing the conversation with them. I think when you say goodbye to someone, generally, thats your cue to leave. She was a book worm too, and there's nothing wrong with that, but if you're reading in the middle of a crowded party, there is a problem. And then she had this terribly nervous laugh...jeez.....I have a nervous thing I do too. I usually wear a necklace and I tend to play with it when i get nervous. I tend also to bite my lips or tap my shoe. Zoyah keeps flipping her hair when she's nervous or giggle. I think if I had children (which I won't mother!) then I would do everything to make sure that they are involved in some way, so that they don't list Klingon as their second language on their resume (ew).

I finished vine of desire. good book. now i'm reading some french author. its pretty long drawn out. They are supposed to be short stories crafted in the tradition of E.A. Poe and H.P. Lovecraft. I've read the former, and so far, not so much. We'll see how it goes. The author is creepy looking though. He's not the fellow you'd want to meet in a bar on a highway or in an elevator late at night....*shudder*

So I shall likely blog after the weekend....until then....toodle-oo

0 comments: