Sunday, February 11, 2007

If You Want to Hear the Pitter-Patter of Little Feet, Put Shoes on Your Cat

Why did I eat so much? *groan* Another one of those eaty eaty weekends. Too much Pizza, too much Orange Sorbet (By the way: if you haven't tried Safeway's Orange sorbet, you obviously live under a rock...go out right now! and buy it! Right Now!)
So on Saturday, I spent nearly the entire day at a symposium downtown on gender policy and international development. They had some very interesting speakers and some very interesting presentations. I particularly liked the one about HIV/ AIDS and gender policy. The statistics are astounding. And really, really sad. I didn't think I'd know anyone, but an intern I worked with was there, as was the CIDA rep, and my friend's cousin. And I met some other people as well. I have so much to learn. I like how these things give me a sense of incompetence that I feel I need to overcome! To work we go!
Also, watched Devil wears Prada. I loved Meryl Streep. She was amazing, and so cut throat. *sigh*....makes me wish I was one of them :) And the clothes! Oh the clothes were to die for of course. The red shoes...I bet you they were Manolos. They had to be.
Bought a shirt today. It's white....i know...again....I have no taste. I figure if I stick to basics, I can't go wrong, and be one of those fashion tragedies. So far so good :)
Okay, that's about it for today....Will keep you updated on my goings on!
The Hills tomorrow! Yay! My life rules :)
For those on Digicam countdown: 2 More Days!

0 comments: