Thursday, February 15, 2007

How Scintillazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Current State: Sleepy, cranky

Current song: Dusting down the stars by Mobile (it's been in my head for 2 days! waaaah!)

Okay so I finally FINALLY finished Rainsongs of Kotli. As my mother would call it, it was a bit "taxing", so to speak. I'm generally good about the books that I read, because I pick extremely carefully. If you have ever been to a bookstore with me, you know that endeavour could take HOURS at best. Anyway, I didn't enjoy it a lot. It seemed arduous and at times effortful. The writing flowed, in the same that a thesaurus flows. It was like a bad relationship. There was no connection, you stick it out because you started it, there seems to be no end in side and when it ends, you feel nothing but relief. Honestly. No mother, i will not be lending you this book, unless you give me a reason to hate you.
Now I begin "Hullaballoo in the Guava Orchard" by Kiran Desai. You may know her for her award winning book "The Inheritance of Loss". I started the former last night, and so far, it seems to be treating me well. Expect a review, hopefully a better one than Rainsongs got.

So, I think we should leave Anna Nicole alone. What is our fascination with this? It's covered nearly everyday on Nancy Grace, and on every entertainment show there is. Frankly, I'm sad she died, because she left a child behind, and for no other reason. She was a bit of a wreck, so perhaps things would just have gotten worse from here on in. It might have been for the better. Human nature is a bizarre thing. We have this fascination with the grotesque and freak-show events in this world. Not so much good sometimes.

Still no digital camera. I'm going to roundhouse kick someone if they don't give it to me by this weekend. Or else it had better be free. I know, I'm not funny today. But sweet mother of all that is good in this world, I'm so tired! I think it's best I come back with a vengeance after this weekend. Have a good one everyone!

0 comments: