Monday, February 26, 2007

And in a Bizarre Twist of Fate

Current Mood: Bored beyond all comprehension

Current Song: Into the Ocean by Blue October (I'm not Emo, I swear!)

So strangest stories ever have accumulated in the last little while. Last saturday, I went to breakfast (very early) with my friend SJ. There has been a strange pattern whereby everytime we meet to catch up the gods conspire against us and something goes terribly awry. The first time, I was late (the one and only time). The second time, we couldn't find the restaurant. This time, I told him to meet me at the IHOP at lougheed. So, i got there on time, and got us a table, and ordered my coffee (very necessary because it was 7:30 in the morning). I sat waiting and decided after a few minutes to text him and tell him I am at a table. He called me soon after saying he was at a table as well....only he wasn't at the same IHOP as myself. He thought I said to meet at the IHOP on Lougheed Highway. I sat at the table laughing to myself while he made his way over. Brunch was a three hour affair. Worth it, despite the conspiracy that imbues in my life.

In another bizarre twist, there was some new research done in Germany saying that there is an upsurge of Islamic conversion. In Berlin, one mosque claims to convert an average of 10 people a week. That is 520 people a year. I think this is most bizarre for several reasons, which I shall not recount because my hand hurts from typing. But think about Germany's past. When my mom heard, she launched into declarations claiming that the end was nigh. My sister and I looked at eachother and made cuckoo faces.

I did finish "Hulaballoo in the Guava Orchard". Very light-hearted tale and well written. i do like Desai's writing style. It is not effortful reading and keeps you engaged enough to want to finish the book, but doesn't impose on you if you want to leave it for a day or so. The best type of book. Now I start Chitra Banerjee Devakurani's book "Vine of Desire". We'll see how this goes. I am looking for Sidharrtha next. Must find. Perhaps I'll go to that old Bookstore.
Until we blog again

0 comments: