Saturday, January 20, 2007

Smashing Innit?

Current Mood: smurchy (you know what I mean!)
Current Song: America by Razorlight (It's what's on the BBC 1 chart show that I'm listening to right now with DJ JK and Joel!)

Well, I have received a sign from the heavens that indeed I should be moving to England (I'm taking it as a sign, I don't care what you say!) This morning I woke up with a British Accent. I'm kidding. Yesterday I got the very good news that some of my creative writing has been accepted by a UK magazine called White Chimney. Lads, I'm up for publication over the summer! That's right, you know a poet (in the official capacity. Not those weird people who choose to rhyme for fun on the bus. They're on this side of creepy) I'm more than thrilled. I think it's a smashing bit o' fun!
And it's a sunny day! Life is so lollipops and rainbows!

Wonder if you've ever felt like you wish you could keep tabs on people. Like there are some people who you just wish you knew what they were up to (usually it's no good). For no reason really. I guess it's akin to observing wildlife in its natural habitat. Hopefully they don't catch you in your safari suit and bino's scoping them from behind the cereal display that the Safeway! Seriously, some people are so strange that you want to take the challenge of figuring out what's in their heads by following them around. Okay, I'm starting to sound like a stalker. Nobody likes stalkers, not even other stalkers.

Tonight I settle in for a movie. I don't know what it's about. It's indian so it's going to be about half my life long. By the time we're finished, I should be a great aunt. Or perhaps an aunt. that all depends. Have a good rest of the weekend, and monday. I shall report back, unless between now and then, someone presents me with a Pulitzer...or a bagel....

0 comments: