Wednesday, January 3, 2007

The Pursuit of Purses (and Happyness, I guess)

First of all, no, that is not a typo in my title. I'm getting to it.
Well, we went to see the pursuit of happyness yesterday. Finally. I thought it was a very good movie, just like I expected it would be. Perhaps I had been primed to the feel-goodness about the whole thing. I think that Will Smith's son did a great job, and I can't believe Will used to be that goofy kid in Day-glo hats on the "Fresh Prince" (hey, whatever happened to DJ. Jazzy Jeff?). I recommend watching it because it's just plain good, and inspiring and all of that happy happy stuff we wish life was made of.
In discussions thereafter (because I'm a nerd), we talked about how it does take a little luck and people to give you a break in order for you to be able to make it somewhere in this world. Yes, the hard work thing totally pays off as well, but really, so many people just work hard all their lives...am I right?
Lesson of the day: Give some people the benefit of the doubt (they're not all stupid).

I on the other hand, am stupid. I bought a purse. I didn't really need to, but I fell in love with it. You know that weird feeling you have when you're in love, where you think about the one person all the time, and you can't eat and you can't sleep and you lie awake at night dreaming of your next encounter (ooooh, what will I wear!). Well, that has been me for the last 2 weeks when it comes to this stupid purse. Finally I just had to ask it out. And here it sits now, full of all of my various bits of paper, too many pens, an agenda, and the almighty celphone. I always get what I want....Always....

0 comments: